| From Chappelle's Show |
I'm a hater and if Ice T has taught us anything, it’s that haters gonna hate. So when I heard that
Lucy Liu was cast as Watson for CBS’ modern take on Sherlock Holmes, I took a
sip of my chocolate milk, booted up my computer and prepared to get my
hateration on. It turns out that I was too late cos the internet was literally
aflame with the coals of hate directed at this show. So I took a moment to
remember all the times I’ve hated on a wacky idea that actually turned out
alright. When Daniel Craig was cast as the new James Bond, I literally lost my
shit. But it turned out that he was a great actor that did the role and his
predecessors proud. When I first saw Plan B, I thought “Oh God, not another
rapper from East London that is going to embarrass us on a global scale.” But
no, this kid’s got skills. I mean, real soul. So you know what Lucy Liu, you
are hot and talented so I am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. But if I
am not impressed after two episodes of Elementary
(the name of the show), then I am bringing the hate – Ice T style.
| Chill haters |
Seriously though, what was the creator of this show thinking? I mean I understand
the need to cash in and ride the wave of success of both the TV show - Sherlock
and Guy Ritchie’s - Sherlock Holmes, A Game of Shadows but this can only end
badly. Even if the show is good, it is always going to be compared [negatively]
to Steven Moffat’s Sherlock. Like I said, I’m willing to give it the benefit of
the doubt but I will be very impressed if this lasts more than a season. Watch this
space, I guess.
Preview on YouTube and below for the eagle-eyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment