Abraham Lincoln is one of my favourite people of all time. Believe it
or not but back in the early 19th century, not everyone was so crazy
about not owning black people as slaves but Lincoln (and a band of others with
big cojones) fought pretty much half their country to end slavery. One of my
favourite quotes of his is: “The bare
sight of 50,000 armed and drilled black soldiers on the banks of the
Mississippi would end the rebellion at once.” Damn straight! But aside from
that, he also unified America and essentially stabilised the economy. The only
way that he could be more of a badass is... I don’t know, if they made him a
sort of... I guess... a vampire hunter.
HOLY SHIT!! THEY MADE HIM A GODDAMN VAMPIRE HUNTER!! Based on Seth Grahame-Smith’s novel of the same
name, the movie tells of the fictional, secret life of Lincoln as a vampire
hunter after members of his family are killed by vampires. It is directed by Timur
Bekmambetov and is produced by both him and Tim Burton. So imagine a Wanted and
Sleepy Hollow mash up with a dose of history. Aside from the fight scenes, the
trailer is not that interesting but I imagine that will change once we get past
the teasers and experience the full trailer.
I haven’t got round to reading the book yet but you can bet your last
pound I’ll be watching this movie. If only to further increase my love of
Lincoln. For a sequel, I suggest Lincoln, John Quincy Adams and Ulysses S Grant
battle werewolves – Take that Taylor Luther.
Full Trailer below for those with eagle eyes or check it out on YouTube
Full Trailer below for those with eagle eyes or check it out on YouTube

No comments:
Post a Comment